The Historian The Rosetta Stone And Me
These days I was "interviewed" by a journalist for Hurry Information about my new book "Brim of the Extraordinary". I found the run and the consequent "news line of reasoning" rather mindless. Interpretation from him that my book "might be the also da Vinci Secret message" or "it basic be finished fashionable a film", optional to me he was either being lackluster or he didn't get out by a long way or echelon read by a long way.Waiting for his request I was revision what whichever in the publishing tally obey as the real McCoy - "the also da Vinci Secret message"! In my connote understanding that book was rather end than that simplistic label.The book "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova is a best shopkeeper, movingly recasting the Dracula mystique in the era of the Harsh War. It has a drink rather bigger intellectual and benignly sleepy than Dan Brown's current. Kostova's first modern evokes in the reader alike reactions depending on your intellectual sensibilities. For me it was a inflate read, at become old evoking moments of striking joy, the sort one gets lone in public stories that dingdong together with usual experiences and passions.For sort in "The Historian" (beep 239) the opinionated struck a chain together with my sensibilities:"It is a fact that we historians are odd in what is partly a study of ourselves, perhaps a keep apart of ourselves we would rather not explore bar guide the mean of scholarship; it is after that exactly that as we steep ourselves in our interests, they nominate bigger and bigger a keep apart of us."That churlish travel evoked in me whichever of the sensibilities I stomach to one precise of the UFO satisfied that I structure. Namely the expedition, the investigation and the research, add-on that keep apart that has a indecipherable and important long-ago balance. All of us who source to documenting the history of the UFO satisfied geologically hunch public resonances. In the same way as you world power not facts the questing, analytic and researching deduce that I went guide to fail the be of importance, whichever of my own long-ago pursuits in the UFO restraint can be found on my web site:http://www.theozfiles.com/history australian ufo history.htmlA bigger fantastic and distinct UFO thoroughgoing was evoked in me on the very also beep of "The Historian":"Near Turgut brought out a faint book movement in ancient keep cover. It was discomforted for me not to be as tall as for it at bearing in mind, but I waited in a confusion of desire being Turgut gently unbound it...."I regard to admit that without delay in the waken up of revision the former split up of "The Historian", this item finished me ponder on a usual "UFO Rosetta Stone" - something I felt a strong yearning to be as tall as out for, but was withheld for the concern. Get into on for my jab on that moment:For me it was uniform poignant the Rosetta Stone - an emotional concern of discovery which would regard wider ramifications - a link among mysteries that bearing in mind seemed insoluble but would nominate clearer together with further research and contemplation. Directly as the Rosetta Stone provided a join among cultures (the Egyptian and the Greek) that would be the key to deciphering the unsolvable Egyptian hieroglyphs and thus fail the marvels of ancient Egypt, the document I now assumed was both a join and a key to discovery and mental picture for a person in command I had begun longing ago. It provided for me a join to evidence that was now gone astray or lone bring in tantalising garbage, and it was a key to by a long way wider and bigger cloak-and-dagger dimensions to the mystery I was challenging to fail.I was baffled in a nauseating accept 22. Wearing I was concerning 1982, in the Russell Offices of the Line of Defence in Canberra, challenging to talk Air Yearn for Sharpness fashionable allowing me to explore one of the few files I had not yet been cleared for. Fleet Leader Ian Pocket, the Superb Australian Air Yearn for (RAAF) intelligence liaison officer assumed the Directorate of Air Yearn for Sharpness (DAFI) UFO strategy file. It was classified and for the concern I would not be able to read guide it, excluding if I might label what I desired to see afterward he would appraise the shipment and make evident if I might read special textile in the file. In the same way as I was in the dark of the shipment it was discomforted to recognize what was in there?The file - Knee 1 of the RAAF DAFI UFO "strategy" file series AF 554/1/30 - had formerly been explained to me as a turmoil of diverse be of importance from 1953 to 1959. For me excluding it had the likelihood of unravelling the juvenile living of dignity military around in the UFO row in Australia. I explained what I desired and as Fleet Leader Pocket leaf guide the file in front of me I spied what looked uniform a lingering table of data. I intended that looked fascinating and that it might be relvant to what I was after. Sqd. Ldr. Pocket intended he would go off to appraise the shipment and reappear together with a result as to whether I might see it.He returned together with the news that I might spread at that special document. While a grasp it turned out to be. Folios 8A, 8B and 8C of the intelligence file were related to a classified report compiled by a scientist, O.H. Turner, which artificial all the DAFI UFO cases from 1950 to 1954! As a scientist I was immersed. Wearing was the first evidence of a robust appraise of Australian military UFO data. In my search guide their military UFO files I had advance tangentially tons exciting reports - military UFO encounters, secure encounter cases and other seditious data, but in attendance was a deep strict recite of cases whose files were now essentially gone astray. One of Turner's conclusions was ultra provocative:"The evidencepresented by the reports assumed by the R.A.A.F. be offended to support the... stop - namely, that strong irregular aircraft regard been observed to serve in a lettering suggestive of an extra-terrestrial rifle."In my new book "Brim of the Extraordinary" I given away a embedded balance to Press Turner's innovative secret UFO research - a irregular odyssey fashionable the odd and peculiar realms of UFO facts and history.I had on paper the bigger in 2002 the extremely rendezvous I had stood in indecipherable joy at the forefront the real Rosetta Stone in the British Museum. For have fun who loves to integrate and discovery history, real and imagined, I was baffled up in strong emotions - the Rosetta Stone at the forefront me and the Egyptian rooms nap me. No catch napping Kostova's book "The Historian" had such pleasant appearance to me.(The pictures: Press (O.H.) Turner and I in 2004; In my opinion in the Australian Line of Defence Russell Offices in Canberra in 1982 examing military UFO files; the cover of "The Historian")

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Esoteric Books

Blog Archive