About

STUFF:

I was never entirely happy with my original About page because it's hard for me to condense my interests, beliefs and purposes into a few relatively short paragraphs (of which I'm sure to fail at again). I'll probably never feel like my bio is sufficient, so I might as well just get on with it.

At first, this site was created with Oregonians in mind, since I couldn't find many UFO discussion groups or sites that were more or less exclusive to this area (aside from the local chapter of MUFON).

I quickly found that there's too much stuff going on out there to restrict myself to such a limited area. Because of this, remaining strictly Oregon-based will not work (and hasn't been working).

But enough about "Oregon", let me tell you about "me."

OTHER STUFF:


My name is Deirdre and I have been interested in UFOs and Abduction since I was very young. Such a common statement by so many -- it's almost akin to "My name is "and I'm an alcoholic." Nevertheless, "there it is". I very vividly remember reading about Betty and Barney Hill and Roswell (of which I'm "incredibly" tired of hearing about) when I was in about second grade, placing the year at around 1981 ("Jesus!)". This 'obsession' continued on until my latter teens, when things like dating, socializing and the general 'growing up' process commenced.

I still retained the interest, it was just back-burnered for the above reasons, but also because (and perhaps more notably) this stuff sort of "scared" me. It wasn't a fear of invasion or anything like that. I just wasn't ready at the time to really entertain the implications of what all of this "might mean". Plus, I had always been terrified of abduction.

It was about the time that my father was reading the newly published "Communion" by Strieber, that the abduction fear "really" kicked in. I never read the book myself, but that face on the cover haunted me for a long time. I've never really figured out why I had such a stroong reaction to it ("and "certain old episodes of the original Star Trek -- some of you probably know what I am referring to), that I eventually had to force myself to stop thinking about this whole UFO business, "as best I could". So, I actively did not pursue it for many years.

The thing was, while it was not at the front of my mind, it floated eternally in the background.

When I hit my 30s, having survived the chaos of my 20s, and a number of less than stellar relationships, all of this started to surface again. Little by little, at first, but then like a tumbling snowball, it picked up speed and "grew". I finally had to have a serious little talk with myself, which culminated into the agreement that we (I) needed to buckle-up and "face my fears --" because this interest was "obviously" not going away.

Here I am now, and yes, some of this still unnerves me, but being able to joke about the irrationality of those fears with others has been a big help. Yes, sometimes I do wake up in the middle of the night thinking I heard something in the room or saw something as my eyes were adjusting to the darkness -- and the silhouetted-like shapes I see, scare the shit out of me in my semi-incoherent state. Then I promptly slap myself and go back to sleep. Some have suggested it isn't necessarily and irrational fear, that perhaps it is something more, but I seem quick to deny the plausibility of "that" having happened to me.

MORE STUFF:


I'm very outspoken, but I am not a bully. I am skeptical-natured but not a debunker. I swear an awful lot, but I'm still a sweet girl at heart.

Outside of this UFO mess, I have a number of other interests, particularly music and design. I am self-employed as a graphic designer, I'm a musician, playing (primarily) guitar (but I can play almost "any" instrument, really), and I have a lovely little music studio in-house. I am a huge computer geek (4 desktops and 3 laptops) and use OS and Win interchangeably. I collect pig stuff, from knick-knacks to cutting boards, and everything in between. Lastly, as much as I praise Oregon, I will forever be a "Chicagoan" at heart.

And what about the name of this place? Well, it "is" a little misleading, to be honest. I'm not technically married. "It sure feels like it", but it's definitely not official. The "housewife" thing is a running joke in my relationship and among friends, because while I never set out to be a "housewife", its easy to fall into that role a bit when you work from home. So, I do a lot of laundry, dishes, sweeping, feeding of animals, hostessing and so on. I am quite far from the traditional idea that the word "housewife" implies, especially since I'm not really a wife (by law) -- one of the drawbacks of being a lesbian.

Now you have a little bit more insight into who I am (undoubtedly more than you gave a shit about) and have been blessed with the knowledge that I actually "do" have a life outside of UFO study -- just not one that is necessarily "interesting".

Reference: anomalies-in-backyard.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Esoteric Books

Blog Archive